Thursday 19 January 2012

Torrey DeVitto Interview with EW


When Torrey DeVitto was cast on The Vampire Diaries, she thought it was just going to be a three-episode arc. But with her stay in Mystic Falls continuing — she’s shot more than a handful of episodes and is still filming — you might want to keep an eye on Dr. Meredith Fell.





ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Last week’s episode established that Dr. Fell is a member of a Founding Family and on the Council. So has she been in town for awhile and we just haven’t met her until now?
TORREY DEVITTO: When I talked to [exec producer Julie Plec], my take on it was that she’s obviously from there, left and went to medical school, and she’s just coming back into town.



We saw her in a heated discussion with medical examiner Brian Walters, who was telling her she’d ruin her career and asking if she knew what she was messing with. I assume she’s not interested in Alaric’s supernatural healing abilities and vampires to find a cure for Alzheimer’s or cancer.
[Laughs] Well, it’s really interesting. There’s a lot of little twists and turns when it comes to Meredith, and it’s so hard for me to say anything without giving it away. Even I, when I read that in the script, didn’t know. What’s happening? Why would he say that? I had to wait until the next episode that I read. Let’s just say something I like about her is that she’s fearless in a sense. She’s a very strong-willed woman, and I enjoy playing women like that.

What can you tease about what Brian might have meant when he told Alaric that Meredith was a “psycho case?” I know you won’t tell me if she’s the one who murdered Brian.

What do we have to look forward to when she starts sharing scenes with Damon?

Being married to Paul Wesley, you’ve obviously known the Vampire Diaries cast for awhile. But did Paul give you any fun advice on working opposite Ian Somerhalder and Matt Davis?

I talked to Paul last week about his Bad Stefan arc, and he said you told him, “I’ve always enjoyed watching Stefan. But now that you’re playing him as the bad guy, it’s, like, infinitely more entertaining and pleasurable to watch.” What have you enjoyed most about that arc for him?   

I was telling him that with Stefan, it’s just the best of both worlds. I think when we like a bad boy, we think we’ll be the one who can change him. With Stefan, we know he can be changed. We’ve seen it before. So we can really enjoy Bad Stefan now?

Getting back to Meredith, is there anything you’d like to see her get to do during her time in Mystic Falls?

 For the answers to all these questions visit EW here

No comments:

Post a Comment