Friday 3 February 2012

Torrey Talks About Her Role As Dr. Meredith Fell


Why were you drawn in to playing Meredith on "The Vampire Diaries?" What about her made you want to portray this character?
Just getting to be on the show alone was a draw enough, but as I have gotten to know this character more, I have just really start to love her more and more.  She's smart, sharp, strong and straight forward.  I love getting to portray females that have a backbone

What hints can you give us about Meredith's motives regarding Alaric - do you think she is a danger to him, as Damon suspects?
That I can not say, but I can say for the sake of Alaric's tragic love track record, I hope she turns out to be good for him and this lasts for a little bit.  

Are there any hints that Meredith Fell is somehow related to Logan Fell, from Season 1 and what her background is?
Same last name, same blood line.  She comes from a long line of founders.

You get to work a lot with Matt Davis, did the chemistry with you two come naturally or did it take some time to develop?
Yeah, definitely.  I have really enjoyed working with Matt.  I think he is a great actor and has a really great sense of humor.  He and everyone else on the cast made me feel really comfortable coming into all this. 

Is there anything you can tease about how long we’ll be seeing Meredith in Mystic Falls?
That's a good question that I would like to get answered myself! ha! I really don't know how long she will be sticking around for.  I just keep learning things script by script! 

What are some of the benefits of getting to work with your husband Paul Wesley?
Our work schedules are so opposite, we rarely ever see each other on set.  But being in the same state for a while is definitely a perk to the job.

You’re a part of the social networking site Twitter, why was it important for you to join and connect with fans that way?
I actually resisted witter for a very long time.  It was the coercion of my manager that forced me to join.  I just never felt like I had anything poignant enough to say, or didn't see the point of it. But I have to say, now that I am on it not only do I get it, but I really like it!  It's fun to see what the fans are saying about things.  I have also connected with a lot of fans about things like Hospice work as well.  I have had a lot of people get involved in volunteering with their local Hospice because of Twitter which has been just incredible! 

Tell us a bit about the work you and Paul do with Global Roots, and what fans can do to support you.
Global Roots is an organization that Paul and I felt was pure and had a really beautiful intention that we wanted to support.  We are both hoping that if our schedules permit it we will be taking a service trip to go work in one of the childrens' gardens this summer.  Anything as little as donating a dollar helps!  

What would you like to say to your fans and supporters?
First that I think it is amazing that I HAVE fans and supporters! And secondly thank you!  All the kind words and support I receive is just mind blowing.  I hope to continue putting out work that everyone enjoys watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment