Thursday 27 September 2012

Michael Trevino Interview


What’s up with Tyler next season?

Well, we left off where Tyler becomes possessed by Klaus’ being, so we kind of see how that comes into play. One would think because we have this love triangle between Klaus and Tyler and Caroline, that Klaus would take full advantage of being inside Tyler’s body in relation to Caroline. So, we’ll see how far that goes. I would like to be able to play Klaus for a while, but I think we’re going to bring back Joseph Morgan a lot sooner than you think.
What do you hope for your character?

I’m hoping that it’s a great season and that Tyler can stay alive, because with any supernatural show, people are dying left and right. But I think what you can see is me kind of figuring out a different layer to Tyler. He’s graduating high school. These kids are teenagers and they’re starting to become adults. All of these characters are breaking away from the supernatural side and showing more of their human sides, so I’m looking forward to that.
Is there any rivalry between you and Steven R. McQueen  in real life? Your characters had some rivalry on the show.

No way—Steven’s like my little brother. We call him “Little Brother” or “Little McQueen,” even though he towers over me in height. [Laughs] We have all been on the show since day one when we shot the pilot in Vancouver. There’s no real rivalry; we go at each other like brothers.
Okay, important question: Werewolves or vampires?

Werewolves!
Why?

Because for me, I feel like there’s just this inner rage within a werewolf that’s more appealing to me instead of this kind of flamboyant vampire attitude.
What you’re saying is that werewolves are more badass.

I am. That appeals to me more than…pretty vampires.
A certain pretty vampire that might have a franchise, perhaps?

[Laughs] Well, I’m not calling any specific vampires out, but I can say that at least on our show, in our realm of the supernatural, our vampires don’t sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment