Friday 7 September 2012

Phoebe Tonkin Speaks About TVD and Hayley



Was there any hesitation for you in joining The Vampire Diaries after Secret Circle's cancellation?
As a person, I'm so attracted to the supernatural world, the unknown world. I find that so fascinating I got into acting to tell stories and be a kid again and use the part of your imagination you can't use as an adult. And I'm such a huge fan of Kevin Williamson, I would do anything for him. To be part of something he created, is so popular, is so well-written and has such a big fan base, there was no question to joining.


How excited was Claire when you told her?
I called Claire when she was on set and I had to do a disclaimer before I told her so she wouldn't squeal [laughs]. But we haven't done any scenes together yet. I think they're worried about us getting too excited and giggly on set. We're hoping to work together soon.


What can you tell me about your character, Hayley?
I like that she's a world traveler, a bit of a tomboy, pretty ballsy and provocative, but not in the way Faye was on Secret Circle. I mean, she went out to manipulate and see what should could gain from people. Hayley just doesn't have a filter. She didn't really have parental figures in her life, and I like that kind of a person. I like that she's tough and tries to keep up with the boys. That's what I responded to when Julie Plec,  first pitched the character to me.


And how has it been working with Candice Accola and Michael Trevino?
They're so sweet. The majority of my scenes so far have been with them. They're so professional and prepared and talented. I mean, it's been so lovely on set the past couple of weeks with the two of them. The dynamic between the two of them is amazing, so working off that is really great.


source

No comments:

Post a Comment