Monday 27 February 2012

Joseph Morgan Quick Questions and Answers


Do you think Klaus will develop a crush on Elena like every other character in Mystic Falls does?
“I think it’s possible, the show is centred around her and so I wonder whether there would be a crush.
“We know he wants her to be safe because of her blood, what with her being the key to him creating more hybrids, so there’s that element already there. I think there’s definitely potential for that.
“It depends where they want to take it on the show, I don’t know if it would be reciprocated by her, he put her through a lot of dramatic experiences, so she’d have to be pretty forgiving! In fact there are moments I’ve found where I’ve been playing it and I wanted to show some kind of desire in the way he looks at her to make it more interesting.”
Do you have much freedom with where you take Klaus?
“Yeah, the writers and the creators of the show are really generous. There are definitely boundaries that are set up, I’d never say 'Well I don’t like this scene but let’s put a scene where this happened instead’; but they’re open to suggestions. I more layer the character than anything.
“People approach me on Twitter and say ‘Don’t kill this character’ and I really don’t have a say in that!”
What is your favourite thing about playing a hybrid?
“It’s just interesting. I’ve always been a fan of the genre, and playing a vampire is one thing, but what I’m trying to do is play this guy who’s been around 1000 years who’s cultured but incredibly vicious.
“There are elements of the animal as well which is a really interesting mix - he’s not completely aggressive and animalistic but there is element of that that goes with the suave nature of the vampire.
“To use the combined attributes of the supernatural creatures and still make this guy a believable person is fun. I’m always trying to find out the truth in someone, always studying them, breathing them in.
“There’s a fight sequence I filmed that hasn’t been aired yet and I wanted him to move like a werewolf so we don’t forget that."
Are Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev inseparable on set?
“Well they film different scenes! Well they don’t turn up when each other are filming like, 'Heeeyyy' they’re far too busy for that. So no. They just come in and do they’re job.”
Why are you so fit?
“Because I go to the gym! If they think that they should see me first thing in the morning, I look like a monster when I get out of bed!”

No comments:

Post a Comment