Thursday 1 March 2012

Torrey DeVitto Interview

Part of an interview with Torrey DeVitto...


As for Vampire Diaries, it was probably a similar situation where you came on not knowing how meaty the role would be, right?
Totally. I got offered to do a 3 episode arc, and it just keeps going. I flip through every script to see if Meredith dies in it and so far, that hasn't happened. It's been so much fun. I feel so fortunate. I just got the latest script and immediately went to see if I die in it. I won't say if I do or not, but that happens with every script.



Not only are you still alive, but you got the big cliffhanger moment in the last episode before hiatus!
Totally! Paul [Wesley] said to me, "It ends on you!" It's so awesome and such a huge compliment. They've given me a lot of good cliffhangers all along, so it's been very cool.



Will we have to wait long to find out what happened after that gunshot?
Not very long. But it's interesting – fans will enjoy what happens



Well TVD never does the expected, so I can't imagine Meredith killed Alaric and that's all there is to it.
[laughs] I know, right – could you imagine if it opened up on Alaric’s funeral!?! No, they really don't ever do what's expected and that's true here as well.



What are you excited for fans to see about this next batch of Vampire Diaries episodes?
You learn a lot about Meredith -- you'll see her unfold and learn a lot about where she's coming from. Her personality comes through a lot more.



Click here for the full interview with Torrey

No comments:

Post a Comment