Wednesday 10 October 2012

Paul Wesley Interview



Will we still get to see Ripper Stefan this season?
I sure as shit hope so, but I don’t think so. I mean, I don’t know. I think that Stefan had his dark ride, Season 3, we saw a whole hell of a lot of that. And I said to Julie, “Can we please just not fully commit to being good Stefan? I’d like to go in the grey zone. I’d like him to be conflicted.” And hopefully we’ll see that.


How is he going to feel about what happened to Elena and how him following her wishes contributed to that?
Just goes to show, you never listen to what a woman wants…no, I’m just kidding. (laughs) I’m gonna get home and my girl is gonna be like (makes slapping noise). You’re gonna read it online. No. You know, I just, I’m conflicted as a viewer watching that scene. I’m conflicted by that myself. We find out later that Stefan never meant for her to die. He wasn’t making the decision to let her die. He was making the decision to save Matt first and then come back to get her. For whatever reason. Why he couldn’t grab them both is besides the point. That’s the writers. But he made that decision. She chose Stefan and now he has this against him in a way. So now it’s more of a catalyst for her to go to Damon. I think that’s kind of like the yin and yang. We need to constantly sort of have that push and pull.


Do you think his guilt over what happened to her might cause him to relapse?
That’s what I’m saying. I swear to God, that’s where my head goes. My head goes, “Oh my God, I can’t believe I did this” and like an alcoholic picking up a bottle and going right back to it. That’s how I see it, but I’m not sure if that’s how everyone else sees it. But I believe that the guilt should cause him some drama within himself. Not crying over Elena. I don’t want him to cry anymore.


How is what happened with Elena going to affect Damon and Stefan’s relationship?
Yeah, well now I think Damon blames him and his is like “Oh look, I would have saved her if it were me.” That’s the whole sort of thing that he’s throwing in his face. I like it when they bond; I like it when they’re buddies. I enjoy that. I think it’s pretty interesting. I don’t know, I hear there’s a new vampire hunter coming to town, so maybe they’ll team up again soon. You know, I’d like Stefan and Klaus to be buddies too. Bromance. I like that. I like the two of them bro-ing out.


I like that little bit of footage when Damon said, “Now we have another quarterback. Congratulations, brother.”
Snazzy line, right there. Yeah, he gets the good lines. He gets the one-liners. “Now we have an extra quarterback.” I love it.


It seems like you were kind of like Caroline’s mentor when she transformed. Would you like to see that with Elena?
Not really. I don’t really want Stefan to be a mentor. I want Stefan to show her the dark dangers of being a vampire and I want him to take her down this [path]. I think it could be really adventurous if they embrace it rather than fight it and go on all these wild adventures together. I think that would be far more interesting and more exciting for viewers.


source

No comments:

Post a Comment