Thursday 11 October 2012

Torrey DeVitto Interview


It’s pretty much Meredith’s fault that Elena is a vampire. Will there be backlash? 

Here’s what I’ve been saying, and I really do stand by this: I think Meredith should be getting praised for this! People don’t realize there would be no more Vampire Diaries if Meredith hadn’t saved Elena’s life. She’d be dead! I think we should all acknowledge that. You’re right. They should really change it to The Meredith Diaries. You know, what? I’m going to have a talk with Julie Plec about that later today. 

Speaking of Julie, she recently said Meredith would be a “stabilizing force” for Damon this season. Can you elaborate?

 I think you’ll see a bond grow between Damon and Meredith. It’s cool because he’s this erratic character, and she really holds her ground with him and with all the other characters. She’s strong-minded and doesn’t put up with his bulls**t. So deep down, whether he acknowledges it or not, he admires that about her. That’s how their friendship begins, really. 

And what about her personal life? What, or who, will she do now that Alaric is gone? 

Well, let’s hope her relationship past doesn’t mirror Alaric’s. He had a terrible relationship track. I think Meredith’s really focused on her work right now. She loves helping people, so I think she’ll devote more of her time to that. She feels totally just in using vampire blood, as long as she’s really saving someone’s life. She’s a strong, independent woman. She’s not thinking about men. 

Will she get mixed up with any of the new characters, or stick to the ones we know? 

As of now, she’s keeping to the ones we know, but we’re not even halfway through shooting the season. I don’t even think [the writers] know at this point! 

True. I remember the last time we spoke, you said you flip to the end of every script to make sure Meredith’s still alive. 

Oh, I still do. But I think Julie heard me say that, so she promised that before I die, she’ll warn me.

No comments:

Post a Comment